"Strong roots feed a lifetime of learning"
We believe that learning should be creative, memorable, challenging and purposeful. Our aim is to develop curious and independent learners who are self-assured, take ownership of their learning and are secure in the present whilst aspirational about the future.
Every child is celebrated as unique, filled with limitless potential and entitled to a rich, inspiring education. Our curriculum is theme based and, through experience, idea development, application of learning and expression, children are immersed in their learning and their imaginations captured. We endeavour to develop the whole child by meeting individual needs, providing both support and challenge, offering opportunities to lead and take responsibility and by creating a learning community in which every child can grow and flourish.
Our team works together to create safe, stimulating indoor and outdoor learning spaces. We collectively take responsibility for instilling a sense of community – locally, nationally and globally. We share a set of core values and, through the quality of relationships established, we strengthen the sense of cohesion and belonging.
- To deliver high quality creative teaching and learning experiences for our children which excite and engage the imagination
- To promote a curiosity about the world in which we live and a desire to learn and then learn more – to become life-long learners
- To develop, in every child, self-assurance and ability to express themselves with confidence
- To promote an awareness of both our core and British values and encourage children to respect the ideas, attitudes and feelings of others
- To foster the self-esteem of every child and ensure they safe, secure and valued for precisely who they are
- To develop a sense of belonging in their school and the wider community and raise awareness about their responsibilities as global citizens and custodians of our world
Our six core values which guide us in everything we do are:
- To place the child at the heart of all we do
- To deliver an imaginative curriculum, rich in experience
- To work in partnership with other schools in order to continually improve practice and standards
- To establish a ‘have a go’ culture in which children have the confidence to challenge themselves, to fail and to try again
- To have high expectations of behaviour and attitude to learning
- To promote parental involvement in the learning of all children
- To ensure that safeguarding systems and procedures are robust and vigilance is high