Cornwall Healthy Weight 7-13 years course
Posted on: 6th Jul 2017
- Educational lifestyle programme that focuses on the whole family making changes through positive behaviour change
- Families learn about nutrition, food groups, eating a balanced and healthy diet and portion sizes
- How to read and interpret food labels, importance of making healthier food choices and healthy shopping on a budget, as part of a supermarket tour
- Fun games and activities to encourage children to become more active
- Cooking sessions to increase cooking skills and cooking for families on a budget
- Fun and interactive sessions to help increase confidence and self esteem
- Individuals eligible to access this programme must be aged seven to 13 years old, live in Cornwall and be above a healthy weight (>91st centile BMI).
- It is essential that at least one parent/guardian attends the programme with the referred child but the whole family, including siblings, are invited and encouraged to attend together.
- Referrals accepted from primary care, all health and social care professionals and those working directly with families (i.e. parent support advisors/pastoral support workers)
- Self-referrals accepted from eligible families across Cornwall