Policies & Procedures
We have an extensive list of policies that cover the pre-school, school and Kids Club and a number of these are uploaded at the link opposite. The policies ensure your child's academic, emotional and physical wellbeing is outstanding at all times. If you wish to request a particular policy or have a query relating to a school procedure, then please contact the school office.
Probus Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which we refer to in our policy below. Parents and carers are welcome to request a hard copy from the school office.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child's welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child's welfare.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) is Head of School Miss Deanne Carden and the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSL) are Mrs Lyn McNamara (Executive Principal) and Mr Matt Maloney (Assistant Head of School). The designated person for Children in Care is Mr Matt Maloney. For more information please log onto http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=7579
Probus Primary School is committed to its Public Sector Equality duties and will endeavour to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between all people, regardless of Disability, Sex (gender), Race (ethnicity), Pregnancy and Maternity, Religion and Belief, Sexual Orientation, Transgender, Age or Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Foster good relations between all people, as above
Please click on the link below for our full Policy Statement on Equality and Community Cohesion.
The procedure for dealing with complaints is as follows:
- Complaints should be dealt with by the class teacher in the first instance
- If you feel the matter needs looking into further please arrange an appointment with our Head of School Miss Carden
- All serious complaints must be reported to our Headteacher immediately
- If you feel the Head of School has not satisfactorily dealt with the situation you should contact Hub Councillor Mr David Davies