Here at Probus we take e-Safety extremely seriously. It can all be a bit of a minefield, both in keeping up with your child's IT habits and skills and navigating what's appropriate and what's not on the great world wide web. We thought a few pointers might come in useful for our parents so below is a wealth of info which we will of course keep regularly updated.
Research in America has identified potential warning signs for children with obsessive internet use as detailed in brief below:
- Loses track of time while online
- Sacrifices needed hours of sleep to spend time online
- Becomes agitated or angry when online time is interrupted
- Becomes irritable if not allowed to access the internet
- Prefers to spend time online rather than with friends or family