School uniform plays a vital role in promoting the ethos of a school, providing a sense of belonging and identity and setting an appropriate tone for education. By creating a common identity amongst all pupils, regardless of background, a school uniform can also act as a social leveller.
The “Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021” states that all stipulated school uniform items must be affordable for all and any branded items, purchased through uniform suppliers, offer value for money. This statutory guidance came into effect in September 2022.
The Aspire Uniform Policy, formed in part by parent/pupil voice, ensures each individual uniform offering across the trust is in line with this legislation and helps maintain the balance between affordability and upholding of school ethos and identity.
- Jade green jumper/cardigan (school logo optional)
- White polo shirt
- Black trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore/culottes
- Black or white tights/socks
- Green & white summer dress - striped or gingham (summer term & 1st half autumn term ONLY)
- Plain black shoes or trainers. Boots are not permitted.
- White round neck t-shirt
- Black shorts/plain black jogging bottoms
- White socks
- PLAIN white or PLAIN black trainers - ideally velcro - no fashion brands!
- Jade green school-branded hoodie for outdoor PE only
- Jade green school-branded book bag
- Jade green school-branded drawstring PE bag
- Jade school-branded cap (for outdoor summer use/aid identification on school trips)
- Long hair must be tied up with plain hair bands
- No large JoJo style clips or fashion headwear
- No nail varnish or make up
- Only one pair of small stud earrings